April 2011: GIS and the Spatial Humanities
Friday, April 29th, 3-5PM at the Irish Lion. (Upstairs. This is an all
March’s theme is “GIS and the Spatial Humanities”
For the meeting, please read the following article:
What possibilities can thinking about space, in qualitative and quantitative terms, afford us? What are the possibilities for GIS in humanities scholarship?
Come join us for friendly face-to-face conversation and beer.
March 2011: Building Things
Friday, March 25th, 3-5PM at The Irish Lion (upstairs). Meeting recap.
- Stephen Ramsay’s "Who’s In and Who’s Out" and "On Building"
- Matthew Kirschenbaum’s "Hello Worlds: Why Humanities Students Should Learn to Program"
October 2010: Open Access
Thursday, October 21st, 4-6PM at The Irish Lion (upstairs). Meeting recap.
- Peter Suber’s "Promoting Open Access In the Humanities"
- Sayeed Choudhury’s "Position Paper on Licensing/Legal Matters" from the Open Source Critical Editions workshop
Tuesday, September 14th, 4-6PM, Irish Lion. Meeting recap.
- Melissa Terras’s "Present, Not Voting: Digital Humanities in the Panopticon" (video also available)
- Brett Bobley’s "Why the Digital Humanities?" (PDF)